Thursday, September 17, 2015

REALTOR CHOSEN

Finally. Ta-da. Seven contenders, one stood out. 

So invited her back, gave her the good news. Her numbers are towards the high end, but realistic. Why this house is in fucking Becket instead of Monterey or Stockbridge is not my fault, but it makes the figures about $500,000 less. Sad but true. Anyhow. I like this woman, she's funny and sharp and a New Yorker by birth and--if I were the one buying a house? I'd trust her. Watch this space. Four years from now when I'm broke and living in my car and the house still hasn't sold.

I have until next Wednesday to complete Peg's archive and get it catalogued and listed and shipped off to the U of Oregon Library. Gave myself a deadline. Then Nancy (realtor) comes in with team to measure etc. We're moving on this now. Sharpish.

So. That's done. Just pitched the other six realtors' brochures in the bin. But wrote them all a very kind, appreciative email saying thank you BUT. Because I was brung up good.

And also happy because have got Radio Spirits, which put out Peg's most recent The Couple Next Door CD, and who indeed are bringing out another for Xmas--to take two other audio series of hers and make digital copies of, since I have no way to copy reel to reels or cassettes. Or feel like it. 

Had another bout with Online Banking wankers. Think it may now be sorted. The "amazing" mop I ordered from Amazon on Bonnie's instructions, arrived. Great excitement here. That coupled with a new online password plus a brand new bottle of Murphy's Soap for wood floors. What a day, eh?

The Hillbillies, which I've decided now to call The Junk Boys, as my neighbor down there road does, never showed. No brakes on Don's truck, it seems. But, he is fixing them tonight, he says, and will be here at 9 AM. I hear stuff like that and for one obscene moment I think: wish I knew how to fix brakes. But then I remember all the stuff I'm good at and Don probably isn't, like ordering microfibre mops, and I feel better. 

Am going to now finish checking Ethel & Albert Scrapbooks 3, 4 and 5, finish an excellent bottle of $50 Pinot Noir, courtesy of friend David Jenkins' son, and have a bit of a weep. Seems like a good thing to do on a Thursday in September. 



No comments:

Post a Comment