Monday, September 7, 2015

MINNESOTA STATE FAIR

Well. A sight to behold. Adored it. Avoided the midway and concentrated on fried food, which seemed to be a running theme.











Also saw lots of goats and pigs and cows and sheep and gave a 25 min live outdoor radio interview along with my host and guide James Lileks to WCCO about Peg and her show and her being a Minnesota gal and even managed to get in that her archives have been placed with U of Oregon because stupid U of Minn, Peg's alma mater, never returned my calls or answered my letters when I approached them re donating her precious stuff. We did fine. Not too people got up and left and we were far more interesting than some guy before us talking about wrestling.

Tomorrow am up early to be driven to Kasson to inter the ashes. The white mental box I am burying is all ready. I said goodbye as I closed the lid. Then hello again when I opened it to actually insert the ashes, which is the whole idea, which I'd left in my carry on up in my bedroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment