Wednesday, September 2, 2015

1st REALTOR DOWN, 5 TO GO

Doug and Rose. Not sure about these two. They're kind of middle-of-the-road realtors. Not high end, not selling trailers. He made the cardinal error as we were having our "chat" after the tour, of saying "Well, it IS Becket, now if this place were in Stockbridge, or Lenox--well! We could ask for something substantial and it would sell in a second."

So 12 marks against them already. The Becket line doesn't was with me. Can't wait to see how many of them use it. Like I'm supposed to feel less of a person because despite all the clearing and sorting I haven't QUITE managed to get nine million tons of fieldstone moved 25 minutes down the road.

Have listed Doug and Rose's pros and cons just after they left, while it was fresh in my mind. Every realtor gets a page in my Realtor Book. The deal is I put about 6 questions to them and assess/compare their replies after they've all been here. I ask for a selling plan by the end of next week; ask how long they want a client to sign for; ask what's the most money they've ever sold a house for; ask if they target the NY, Hartford, Boston market; ask if they take their own pics or have a photographer (the right answer). Doug and Rose take their own pics it seems. But have a drone, he told me rather proudly. Just what I need spying on me out the window. 

Rest of the day was spent at Goodwill, bank, Guido's market, my usual haunts. Oh, I did mange to get a gel manicure, which pleased me. I was so busy admiring my fingers I nearly drove off the road coming home on Washington Mt. Would hate to crash Tory's car just when she's all ready to leave for Mexico in it.

Key Changes news. DK's memoirs. Being well received already, which pleases me, I suppose, but seems DK's middle brother Tony gravely offended by a (true) anecdote in it, in which he, Tony, comes off as rather endearingly eccentric but which he thinks makes him look like a complete asshole. Not true. But. You can't please everyone, no point in trying. Am sorry he's upset though. I told DK not to reply right away, let it blow over. (Watch, he'll sue and take everything we own including my parents' house.)

Which he can have, gladly, at this point, I tell you. Am starting to lose steam. The place is looking pretty damn fine, not too much more I can do, little paint here and there, little basement shoveling, little pile of rubbish removed--but this is mostly Outside Bob work. 

I am looking now at 72 VHS videos (200 half hour comedies) on the table in the kitchen, none of which seem to tally with the paper record, and so I guess I will have to watch to make sure each box is what it says it is. 

A lot of people would pay good money to sit around watching non stop Peg's shows. If you hear of any, let me know.

PS. Slept with roofing guy. Only fair. Kept slipping off slates.

No comments:

Post a Comment