Friday, September 25, 2015

READY FOR PHOTOS

Just about. The house, that is, not me. I would need a year, at least, at Canyon Ranch, with The Works before my old tired face with the rather grim, resigned-bordering-on-retarded expression could sell anything.

Realtor coming at 9 in the morning with her team. And cameras. We are spotless here. Amazing Ken has now completed ALL the windows outside, storms included, and even bleached and repainted where the ivy had grown over the window frames. Becket Barbie here, meanwhile, did the Main Stairwell Window Of The Two Thousand Panes, including storms, and half the downstairs ones inside. Bonnie did inside upstairs, dusted and vacuumed. Outside Bob second coat painted the "solarium" and 1st coated the office. It will have to stay that way for tomorrow, no intention of painting until midnight. I don't last long around a paintbrush without picking it up, and soon painted the bar Ivory White, having had just about enough of "Harvest Gold" around this place (Peg and Odd's favorite, not counting some nasty lime-aid color in an upstairs hallway), also painted the larder and--oh I don't know. Everything is Ivory White now and clean and smells good. Even Ken. 

I also raked the lawn and swept the stone terrace and steps and never want to see another fucking rake or broom in my life.

Don The Hillbilly and sidekick Matt arrived right on time at 9 AM with chain saws and chipper and together we took down about 30+ trees, me driving his truck on occasion, which was attached to the tree in question with a rope, I think to keep it from falling the wrong way and severing the electric supply but just did as I was told. They then came back and cleaned the drive. Not one chip or leaf in sight on the blacktop. Beautiful work. I am going to pull all my teeth and move in with them.

Did a mad run to The Big Y (supermarket) for $60 worth of flowers for set dressing, now find I have given away all my vases so...will have to be clever somehow. That'll be hard. I am fresh out of clever.

Been getting some lovely reviews for "Key Changes", DK's memoir, which bucks me considerably---for about 2 minutes, then I wash a window and feel like my old pissed off self again.



No comments:

Post a Comment