Thursday, September 10, 2015

NO INTERNET

Standing up at the General Store down the road using their free wifi. Am hoping I will have it back soon at the house, otherwise I plan to torch Verizon Headquarters, who cancelled the net when they turned off the wrong phone at the house yesterday. Am going slowly mad. In fact, no, going mad exceedingly briskly.

I have hired two hillbillies who just walked in to shovel out the rest of the crap from the attic, the basement, behind the garage and also to pull up the rest of the dog-pee carpeting in the house. $30 per hour for the two of them. Don and Tammy. They live with Don's mother up the road. Don is about 50 and the size of the garage, and Tammy has no teeth. Apparently you give them cash, then they come down to the General Store, which is where I've just met them, they buy a lot of beer and go home and drink it until they pass out. 

You get less particular about who you hire, the longer you do this, I notice.

A rainy grim dark day. Going home now to an empty lonely damp-smelling humid house with no internet and drink a lot of beer. Tammy and Don may be on to something. 

I am ready to come home, my real home.

No comments:

Post a Comment