Tuesday, September 22, 2015

FLAGGING

Not sure how long I can keep this up. Or how long I can stand not turning the furnace on, wondering what I'm trying to prove by shaking all day.

Productive day, another one. Bonnie mostly scanned (I guess so..) and we have now done--that is, re-done--all pictures and images. Almost all. Which currently grace the dining room table and I now need to label and sort into piles: ME KEEP and OFF TO OREGON, LUCKY BUGGERS.

I photographed with iPad three large photo albums. Two to go. Bending over kills my back. Also not sure what to do with the one from my first wedding. Can't imagine Oregon wants it. Still. What are they going to do, send it back? Lots of pics of Peg in it so maybe they'll think it gold dust. 

Schlepped to Willamstown (1 hr) to friend Louise's house with all the Peg glassware a Brit friend bought off Peg's Facebook page, over $300.00 worth, so Louise could supervise the packing. She didn't trust me to do it. Felt like a kindergardener (sp?). Also dropped off at Louise's 3 plastic bins full of Peg Florentine gilt shabby-chic stuff for eBay.

The Saab wouldn't start 4 times today. Hinsdale P.O.; Louise's; Bottom of Louise's road onto Rte 7; Wal-Mart (for crap sweatshirt for Ken, to paint in, and Cinch window cleaner). Tory Saab Owner if you're reading this somewhere west of Pennsylvania, don't fret. Clearly it's me. And I love the car, make no mistake. I just get out again, lock it, say "Oh, look. Here I am back at the car FOR THE FIRST TIME, guess I'll get in and drive off now!", unlock it, get in, fasten my belt, shut door, put key in ignition, turn it, and it starts. It's just part of my daily routine now. I think it misses Tory and found out she buggered off to Mexico without it.

Ken spent much of the day on a ladder cleaning the outsides of the windows. Fuck the $681.00 estimate from Kirt With An "I". Ken then donned his new WalMart sweatshirt and continued painting the solarium (formerly Peg's dressing room), but didn't do a neat line at the ceiling, like Bob did, so now we have to paint the ceiling, which looks filthy suddenly next to Ivory White.

Repeat of Pot Roast dinner tonight, David J coming round with his pooch any second to join Ken and Me. 

DK's and my 31st wedding anniversary tomorrow. Can't decided how to celebrate. Am leaning towards eating pot roast for third time in a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment