Friday, July 24, 2015

MORNING

Still alive but Dominick reports much distress at 2 and then at 5 AM. I went on duty at 6. I gave her an Ativan ground up in a drop of water, slurped up into a pre-loaded syringe of morphine, then suited it all in the side of her mouth. This seems to have quieted her slightly. Before that she was grabbing my head with both arms and pulling me towards her, kissing the top of my head, then my cheek, and so unbelievably tightly, almost like I was being been mugged. Dominick finally moved the leopard print fleece away from my face when he realized the frantic sounds of someone expiring were mine, not Peg's. 

Her fingers are now darkening, turning a bit blue. One of the signs.

I am going to finish my coffee then go back and hold her some more (and remove my hoop earrings). It's my second latte in half an hour, having knocked over the first one on the carpet when she pulled me to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment