Wednesday, August 20, 2014

HUSBAND BY MY SIDE

He's here, he's here, he's finally here! And already saying how great the place looks and how clean (nothing to do with me, all Bonnie) and what great strides I've made and how beautiful and tended the flowers look and the lower garden--it's almost like someone's been feeding Denis his lines. But whatever the case, I'm buying it, because it's what I want, need, to hear. Tonight we celebrate with Filets of Grey Sole, tomorrow we roll up our sleeves and get on with it. 

I notice, in my 24 hour absence, that quite a number of items earmarked for The Tag Sale which I had stored on the porch--have vanished. I am hoping that Bonnie has helped herself, as I told her to do, but easily one third of everything has disappeared. I imagine I will discover it one day all squirreled away under Assorted Piles in Peg's Area. There must be a word for Inability To Part With Belongings. 

Whereas I am so bloody sick of things things things that heading into the swamp with the Rugarou with nothing on my back save for a furry Sasquatch costume is starting to sound attractive, except of course in the summer, when it might be too hot, in which case I will audition for Naked and Afraid where my first success will be a skillfully designed and executed mumu made of banana leaves with special detachable sleeves to cover my not so attractive upper arms when the cameras are on.
____________________
BOUNDARY DISPUTE UPDATE:

Nothing has been resolved, despite 101 exchanges of emails and 101 visits to the Becket Town Hall--except that Mr. Sanders is getting progressively more and more pissed off at me for delaying the signing of the proposed Agreement, and I'm getting more and more annoyed at him for not agreeing to pay my lawyer's fees to OK it. Not to mention sick of the whole subject.
______________________
PAPERWORK UPDATE:

I can report success in the following areas.... 

My father's Norwegian Pulp and Paper Engineer Society or whatever its called has, thanks to Norwegian cousins looking into this for me, paid the 6000 kroner towards his "funeral expenses" as promised (about $1000). 

My father's Beloit Company Pension has been processed by the John Hancock Company and Peg has already received her first benefit check.

My mother's Genworth Long Term Care, as stated in her policy, has coughed up for her nursing home stay and for a three month Home Recovery period.

Genworth has been notified of my father's death and will be issuing a refund on the premium payment we made last January.

Mutual of Omaha has been noticed of my father's death and they have issued a refund on the last premium paid. I am now trying to recall what Mutual of Omaha is or does, I think this was travel insurance? 

I have officially signed an executor's form from the lawyer to enable The Estate of Odd K Ronning to be created, and thence a bank account, and thence enable us to sell the few shares of Verizon and Vodaphone and Comcast that Prudential saddled my father with, probably with the best intentions and not to make life difficult for me, but still. Waiting now for the lawyer's bill to be higher than the value of the sold stock.

_____________
While sitting at the butcher block watching a Debbie Reynolds and Andy Griffith movie from 1961, the name of which escapes me, Peg shucked the dozen ears of Silver Queen corn I brought up from Connecticut without knocking the brown plastic container of my father's ashes into the garbage, an item which I only recognized after closer inspection and then removed, sharpishly, to somewhere safe not in the kitchen.  She said she'd forgotten it, she'd brought it out here this morning to weigh him. 

(Daddy weighs 8 pounds, for your information). 


No comments:

Post a Comment