Monday, June 30, 2014

STAFF ISSUES

REPORT FROM BONNIE:

"Terri's schedule last night: 730 p.m. Odd changed/Resting; 7:50 p.m. Odd sitting up.  Agitated "waiting for them to come with the oil".  Sat and talked..repositioned.  8:15 p.m. Back to bed resting 9:40 p.m. coughing, sat up in bed, gave thick-it OJ...sat awhile. 10:15p.m. repositioned/rest; 11:30 p.m. coughing, repositioned; 1:45 a.m. Odd coughing gave PerTussin; 1:30 a.m. changed Odd and padding: 2:00 a.m. changed Odd again - wet while changing, repositioned; 2:30 a.m. cough persistent, gave Ativan 1 tab; 2:45 a.m. resting; 3:00 a.m. coughing, sitting up, wanted to stand - stood for whole minute, back to sitting/held hand; 3:15 a.m. cough, morphine given, back to bed, repositioned; 3:30 a.m. resting; 4:00 a.m. Coughing, 4:15 a.m. changed Odd, repositioned; 5:15 a.m. still coughing, Nebulizer treatment, sitting up, morphine given; and 7:15 a.m. coughing/distress, repositioned….Brooke just arrived and stated some of Odd's discomfort could be not having a bowel movement.  He hasn't had one when I have been here all this past week.  Terri stated the last one was about 4 days ago.  Brooke told me to put a call into the Nurse for possible suppositories or enema.  I will email Ellyn…..Also, Odd has been kicking the chair with the blanket over it (for weight, I suppose) that is placed at the end of his bed at times with his feet and when we go in his room, he is sitting up trying to get out of bed.  Brooke mentioned to talk to a Hospice Nurse for additional bedrails that go onto the bottom of the bed?  I will put in an email to Ellyn on this as well."
_____________
Am clearly not paying Terri enough. (Or Bonnie.) The original job description was Terri gets $50 for overnighting, 8 PM to 8 AM., which in my mind involved sleeping upstairs, just spending the night, to satisfy Hospice that someone compos mentis was present. No nursing. Now she's sleeping in the same room as Daddy and leaping up and down all night like a yoyo, administering to his needs. And not complaining. Which I think I might, were it me. A lot. 
_____________
Peg just rang. Distressed. She had words with Bonnie. Peg obsessing over getting to the dentist (to get her dentures cleaned, nothing urgent) down in Fairfield, CT next week because Bonnie wants to go the way Google Maps tells her, because she's nervous about going so far and doesn't believe Peg remembers the way and is afraid of getting lost, the way Peg did when Dawn drove her two years ago and they ended up "heading towards Iowa." It's a 2 hr drive and very simple. I have instructed Bonnie how to go (Merritt Pkwy, NOT Rt 8 to I-95, which Google Maps tells her) and told her that Peg DOES know the way (true), and that Bonnie to keep the peace should certainly act as though Peg does. There was then something mentioned about "picking up Laurie" (friend of family and major Peg fan) while they were down there but this I can make no sense of because Laurie lives in Ohio. I emailed her but she hasn't answered. Peg then said "Forget Bonnie! I'll cancel the dentist! Will YOU take me down when you come later this month?" I said yes. I've been saying yes for three years. I then called Peg back to say but what about Laurie?? Who Bonnie is supposedly picking up next week after the dentist. At which point Peg said Laurie's coming for Christmas--and I gave up.
__________
Peg also distressed because Outside Bob told her she "looked like hell" which, granted, wasn't very nice to say, but I know I don't have the full story and if I mention it to Bob he'll mention it to Peg and she'll launch into him and he'll quit.
_____________
On My List For Today:
1. Emailing 2 possible home nursing helps.
2. See if Dominick, who is comfortable driving out of the state, can chauffeur Peg to the dentist.
3. Find out where the fuck Laurie is, beside sitting somewhere on the Boston Post Road waiting for a lift.











No comments:

Post a Comment