Wednesday, January 21, 2015

HELP WANTED

So Terri's son, who is in Alabama getting his doctorate in physics but has anxiety issues, is ready to jump off a cliff because he ran out of meds and his apartment is infested with cockroaches and about twelve other things he can't deal with--so Terri has to go down there, after she gets her car fixed over in Springfield. Which means there is no one to do Peg overnights for two weeks.

Plus Terri says Peg wants Terri to leave Heidi, her 11 year old beagle there, which Terri doesn't want to do, because sometimes there are accidents, and there is no guarantee Peg will even remember to let Heidi out. Or back in. 

I'm getting all this from Terri on the upstairs phone. And seems Dominick is over there today, Peg called him last night in a panic saying "WHERE ARE YOU??" so he had to suddenly drive over, late, and spend the night. This is after Peg assuring me that she is FINE, perfectly happy being alone the odd night or two, that I am not to worry about her...

I ask Terri to have Peg call me. She rings about 5 minutes later on my cell. Furious that Terri has spoken to me first, SHE likes to be the one with the news. So I have maybe landed Terri in it inadvertantly. I am sorry about that. Peg then handed the phone to Dominick. We discusssed the problem. He's going to see what nights he can do ($50 per night )and will call gay friends Trevor and also John to see if they can possibly stay over once or twice (free). This is where brothers and sisters would be handy. 

Peg-Sitters still cheaper than me flying over there. Or so I tell myself. Besides which, I don't fancy flying until the bronchitis subsides, whenever that may be. But may have to.

I am rapidly tiring of the Peg Problem, however bad that sounds to say. Latest is she's going to live to 110, she says.

Hope she finds somewhere nice to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment