Sunday, November 2, 2014

PROCRASTINATION

…is something that Peg is especially good at, of course, but not I. Yet here I am dithering, big time, about whether to hop a plane in a week or two so my mother will not be alone on her birthday or Thanksgiving. Alone, that is, meaning without me. The Staff and Local Gays will see to it that she is wined and dined and showered with gifts. What's stopping me is  the thought of having to do that god-awful journey again, twice. So it's totally selfish. And the dithering is whether or not I can live with myself or not for being selfish. 

[PHONE. PEG CALLING ON FACETIME, ALL BY HERSELF.]

Funny. It's almost as of all I have to is type her name and the phone rings. Today I got to see her new black and white polka dot suspenders that Bonnie bought her. Apparently when she was at lunch last week at Bob and Trevor's, she stood up to leave and her pants fell down. Dominick (who she just called Domino) kindly yanked them back up and suggested suspenders. She's lost more weight, is the thing and all her waistbands are too big. 

OTHER BIG BECKET NEWS:

- Peg has had to retrieve her glasses four times in three days  from the toilet. When she looks down to "inspect", after, as you do, her glasses, all of which need tightening she says, shoot off. 

- Spurn Me Not Angel Honeybear is due to give birth to at least 5 collie pups today or tomorrow. The breeder is keeping Peg informed. Peg wants two of the puppies. (She is not having them).

[PHONE. PEG CALLING AGAIN ON FACETIME. "JUST PRACTICING"]

- Teri has finished scanning 4 scripts I have to send out to the Motion Pictures Retirement Home who want to film residents performing her comedy shows. Am also sending a DVD of Peg and Bob Hastings performing them, so they know what to aim for.

- Health-wise, all Peg's vitals are swell but her legs "still like jelly". 

- She told me my hair looked nice. Never fails. It's 3 days unwashed and am long overdue for cut and colour, scheduled for tomorrow. She said that years ago when she was little, her mother came to collect her from school one day with a new hair style (shingled) and Peg didn't recognize her and howled. She was further confused by her mother having just had her name chiselled onto her father's headstone (cheaper to do all at once apparently)  i.e. "Here lie Hugh Franklin Lynch and Clara Frances Lynch" and decided her real mother had died and this stranger with the shingled hair had taken her place. 
______________
It's lashing down outside and the dog needs a walk but I need  a nap. So will continue to mull over my possible selfishness, lying down.

1 comment:

  1. Astid, I really enjoy your blog, you make me feel so involved that I want to help you out ! Which is really laughable as [apart from the Mum situation ] your life so mirrors my own manic one it's unbelievable.! But please know you are not alone. No reply necessary. Cheers, Nancy [Rachel's Mum]

    ReplyDelete