I get a call at 4 in the morning her time (9 here).
"Well, I'm in trouble…"
Peg starts phone calls like that and immediately in my head I'm racing to get my passport and figuring how to get to Heathrow the fastest--and then it turns out she's "in trouble" because one of the burners doesn't work on the stove or something. This time she woke up and went to empty her catheter bag and it was empty but the bed was wet. Putting two and two together, I said there must be something wrong with the bag, either that or the fault is inside her and she should go to the ER. She'd already awakened Dominick, it seems, bet he was pleased (mind you he is being paid) and they'd both come to the same conclusion, so off they drove at 5 in the morning over the mountain to Berkshire Medical Center where, I find out later, a "darling girl" attended to her (I'm assuming a nurse, not someone she met in the waiting room) and inserted a new catheter, and home she came, about noon.
I'm sure it's awful having to deal with a catheter (although have to say, wouldn't mind one for long car journeys) and very uncomfortable and I'm sure it must be embarrassing for her--but I really really wish she'd stop with the dramatic phone calls. She woke Bonnie at 4:30 AM it seems, too. Bonnie over in Monterrey (Mass not Califormia) who could do nothing at that distance either.
The Comic Relief red noses have not yet arrived in Becket, uh-oh, am starting to get twitchy now about the filming next week, what if they don't arrive in time, also, I can see Peg pulling out at the last minute because she doesn't understand what I want, and then Louise not showing because she has to do lunches for her B & B skiers in Williamstown, and or me conducting a long distance Arts & Crafts class with Bonnie and Outside Bob teaching them how to make red noses out of yarn maybe or ping pong balls.
And now I'm afraid I must go make a special Valentine's Dinner for hubs, pan seared scallops on a pea puree with pancetta and gremolate, none of which I feel like doing but its too late to go out.
No comments:
Post a Comment