Monday, August 24, 2015

ARCHIVISTS INC.

The scanner has been going full time, especially yesterday, when the lovely Savannah Grace came from Concord (MASS) with her equally lovely ma, Jen. Savannah started by glueing all the gilt gesso that had chipped off Peg's portrait (that Jen's father in fact painted back in the 70s), and Jen got started cataloguing all the Radio & TV books in which Peg is mentioned, or interviewed, photographing the cover, then the pages in question, then packed into a box ready to go to Peg archive in Oregon. Whereupon Jen attacked Peg's personal treasured books, listing them, ready for sale either on website or Yellow House Books in Great Barrington.

Savannah went on to scan about 150 family letters, beginning 1882 to the present day.

And when they left they took the Fairbanks Table which has been in the family for generations, and will deliver it back to the Fairbanks House Museum in Dedham, not far from Concord. Sorted. YES.

I meanwhile got through 5 boxes. Letters from Peg's beaux. Letters from Peg's director (and possible beau). Letters from her lawyer. Letters from my grandmother on a European tour in 1949 to Peg back working in NY. Letters from Peg to Odd in Norway in1948. Letters to Peg from her grandson, from me. The only thing that has me stumped, still, are letters (200+) from my first husband to me, which my ex sister in law says to keep, please keep, but can't think why, have tried to read some again and it's mostly embarrassing or indecipherable (terrible handwriting) so might just be time to pitch. 

Renning family framed portraits now bubble wrapped and ready to UPS to Renning family members in the MidWest.

Met with landscaper who's going to come round with 2 guys and saws and a chipper and make the drive tidier, losing saplings, dead limbs and so on. 

Tonight is 5 boxes of fan mail dating back to the 40s. What to do with it all. Oregon, watch out.

Tomorrow the dumpster goes. 

Wednesday I get my friend David with his truck and we load all the excess garbage bags that have piling up and hike em over to the dump in Middlefield. Who says my life isn't exciting. 

And the bad news is my Clinique back order for Tinted Moisture Surge still hasn't come, having been ordered in early July, so rang them, they reckon on October, thank you. I'll be needing more than just a surge by then, I can tell you.







No comments:

Post a Comment