Saturday, September 20, 2014

WAITING GAME

For everything. For when you have about nine projects on the go and you can't move forward until someone gets back to you with an OK or an IXNAY or a piece of info. For people who don't get back to you when they say they will. From painters to producers to an actress friend who's in a show on tour in Norwich for this week and I said great, it's only 45 minutes from me, I'll come up, we'll do lunch and I'll take you around and call me when you get settled on Monday and she said great what fun--and then sweet fuck all, all week. Did she forget? Did she die? How can you forget? (ME of all people) So then this morning I get an email saying oh gosh, where does the time go, been so busy doing interviews and local TV and now a matinee today and back to London tomorrow, maybe a quick coffee between shows..? Of course what pisses me off me is that I spent all last week re-arranging my life for this week thinking, fuck, I'll have to figure on a whole day for Norwich, she'll be hurt if I don't, living so close, just hope to Christ I don't get lumbered with having to sit through that bloody play again, wasn't crazy for it the first time. So. Really. You see. I win here, technically, by not having to go. Still. Annoyed. And the painter's no doubt off on his hols touring the Scottish Highlands in a caravan with maybe the electrician along for the ride accompanied by Amna the Saksbehandler at NAV Pensjon, Oslo, clinging onto the roof rack along with Darren the auctioneer from Albany who's had heart surgery but tough because he's disappeared with nine items from the Becket house, plus everybody who has an email address at Berkshire Magazine and possibly Bruce the producer of DK's memoirs, although he may have indeed dropped off the face of this earth when they rounded a crag too quickly.

Bollocks.
________________________
BECKET UPDATE:

- Peg did not after all have her lunch date with Dominick. She postponed it. We believe she is playing hard to get.

- A rather nice though not particularly in-depth piece on her will appear in tomorrow's (Sunday) edition of The Berkshire Eagle (not to be confused with Berkshire Magazine, above). I hope she likes it.

- There is no evidence whatsoever of any Brand New iPad FaceTime use emanating from The House in the Pines. There's $600 well spent.

- The new clothes rack bought off eBay has arrived. Far more exciting to her.

- I got an email from a small indy film company asking my permission to film old actors performing her comedy scripts at the Motion Picture Retirement Home or whatever it's called, in LA. I am going to suggest they fly out The Legend herself to perform them. Have Catheter Bag Will Travel.
_________________________
CAR UPDATE:

- You may or not recall, doesn't matter, but on my last visit I had some issues regarding the air conditioning and heating system in the Borrowed Subaru, specifically, the car had a worrying tendency to smell like it was overheating although the temperature gauge remained normal--and the AC smelled like someone had set an old salmon on the engine so you had to drive with your head sticking out the window. I hesitated to complain since this was after all a FREE CAR, but eventually mentioned it, as Tory the Owner will soon be driving it to Mexico and I decided I would feel bad imagining her staring under the open hood of a smoking stinking car in the middle of nowhere surrounded by banditos. Last week I get an email from her saying: "You'll be pleased to know I took the car in to the garage and there WAS something wrong with the AC and heating system: mice."

- On a local note, spent two hours in Lowestoft yesterday where it cost us £150 ($244) to get a replacement key for the Toyota RAV after both old ones fell apart. Seems they--keys--have mini computers in them so you can't just go into a key place anymore and get another one cut while you peruse shoelaces and jokey keychains and other good things by the till--each key is unto itself and has to be "cloned". But the really bad news, according to the Toyota girl at the desk, is that all NEW Toyotas, from now on--and in fact not just Toyotas but ALL new cars will have these mini computers built into the ignition socket, not the key--and getting a replacement key will cost about £2000 ($3, 200). With three people using our two cars and the keys never where you expect to find them, such as in the Dedicated Key Dish, I can pretty much see how this is all going to end already.

No comments:

Post a Comment