Sunday, September 14, 2014

CONFUSED

Not sure about bringing Peg and Bonnie over here for a visit, Xmas I don't think will work out, don't know where to put them, a busy time in the village, then been looking at flights from Boston, also making me crazy, Virgin now having combined with Delta, which I don't care for, and difficult finding any Premium Economy seats available now even in October, which I thought was a quite time. Am not springing for Upper and I can't have Peg squished in Economy. Coupled with her making noises now about not wanting to fly at night, and I don't know how to fix this, short of making her wait until next summer when the days are longer. Day flights also meaning you have to be at the airport at the crack of dawn, and how do you do this from Becket, 3 hrs form the airport, or Suffolk, ditto.

Maybe I scotch the idea. Still. Can't bear being defeated by mere technicalities.

Meanwhile trying to find painters and builders and wood stove installers and what kind of heating to buy and what kind of Living Roof to install on new Hutte, yet to be built, and wont be ready until Spring, fingers crossed, but want to start planning while I have time.
_____________________

NEWS FROM BECKET:

- Peg went to an Ear Nose & Throat guy yesterday to "see about the polyps" in her nose that she's convinced have been causing her to be hoarse and to have no sense of taste--to find out she has no polyps, anywhere, so how she got this idea I don't know, but has been yakking on about them for years and I'd assumed some doctor had told her she had them. Anyhow she doesn't. And was told her complaints are solely due to age, her vocal chords are shrinking and creating spaces, which explains the hoarseness. The doctor advised her to: a) talk less (my favourite) and; b) have Speech Therapy. (This, to an actress). 

- Genworth Long Term Care sent a $700 rebate check on Odd's premium paid last January which I immediately deposited into the newly-formed "Estate of OKR" Berkshire Bank ("America's Most Exciting Bank") account two days before I left. A check which Bonnie says has now been returned by America's Slightly Less Exciting Bank, along with a $15 charge due, because the check has been stopped. For reasons unknown. So, having spoken to "Connie" at the Really Becoming Quite Incredibly Boring Bank yesterday, I now have to get on the phone to Genworth tomorrow, not open on weekends. 

- Peg can't remember Dominick's name and refers to him now as "Whats-his-name Maximilian" or "Montague". 

- Mr. Sanders of the Boundary Issue getting more and more fed up with my dithering and I don't blame him so am ready to resolve it, providing my friend Jenkins takes some measurements (again) for me. Despite seeing it all on paper AND the actual surveyor's ribbons AND having had it explained ad infinitum by Sanders--I cannot get something through my head. The long and short is that, as deeded, our western boundary runs along the road for 70' starting at the stonewall between us and the lower neighbour, a man called Courage, who lives in Maryland apparently and never comes up and would probably be surprised to know how often his name has been mentioned over the last six months but anyway, there is clearly a pink ribbon on a tree marking this 70'. I have seen it. Sanders, approaching from the north, is proposing a new boundary giving me 84', in other words more footage (plus a 300' triangular parcel on the eastern boundary which is very clear and not an issue) and this new proposed boundary he has marked with a green ribbon. However. IN MY MIND, and from what I recall,  this green ribbon indicating 84 feet hangs between the pink one and the Courage stonewall. Meaning, how could 84 feet be a shorter distance than 70? Am I stupid? I don't know. Jenkins is kindly going to go pace it out today and even take pictures for me. I dream at night of pink and green ribbons dangling from everything. I basically would like to shoot this guy. Sanders not Jenkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment