Tuesday, April 7, 2015

FINANCIAL DISASTER

I got an email from Peg and Odd's stockbroker saying there is less than $40,000 left. This doesn't mean only $40,000 left in stocks--which they have been having to sell every month in order to live--this means IN TOTAL. Maybe a few thousand in bank accounts. That's it. 

I either have to put the house on the market immediately and find an apartment for Peg or see if I can get a reverse mortgage.

I am trying not to be angry at my parents for dumping this all on me. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes not. This morning for instance at 10:01 I was feeling kindly disposed to Peg and this lasted, oh, a good thirty seconds.

So I have to get back on a plane.

But not until I get DK's memoirs out, the launch date is set for tomorrow but it ain't gonna happen. Hopefully the audio version will make the deadline but as this is in someone else's hands I can't be 100% sure. The ebook and paperback will not be ready, I do know that. I should have hired a proof-reader. Now I know. Next time. Meanwhile I have the epub guy annoyed with me, big time.

I feel ill.







No comments:

Post a Comment