Tuesday, July 15, 2014

NEWS

- Odd Knut's ashes were delivered today "by a very nice man" according to Peg, Fred, from Dery's Funeral Home, who also brought along 10 copies of Odd's death certificate and stayed to chat with Peg for an hour. 

- Daddy's ashes now reside on a table positioned underneath his portrait that Peg commissioned artist Nelson Davies to paint in 1965 for Odd's parents in Norway and which was shipped back to us after they died. 

- Dr. Cuevas the dentist in Fairfield wanted only to remind me or someone in charge that Peg should keep her dentures out as much as possible to let the infection clear up. It was not a hush-hush phone call behind her back, as Peg had imagined, to tell me that she had gum cancer and 3 hours to live.

- 1st Cousin Barbara, an "A LIST" Blue Book Recipient, [SEE PREVIOUS POSTS], unmarried and childless, has been found  dead in the woods in Minnesota not far from her trailer. I am on my knees, praying, as I type, that I am not the closest living relative and have to go out there.

- Peg's leg is swollen and rather hard. It is the leg from which they scooped out a vein when she had a quadruple by-pass twenty years ago. It has a tendency to get like this but the VNA nurse is concerned and if not better by the morning, Peg's GP is sending her for an ultrasound, Terri said.

- I have booked my air tickets. Arriving Becket 29th July for…another stint. 

Allow me now to add to the above prayer: please God don't let Peg suddenly die before I get there or before her website comes out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment