Thursday, May 8, 2014

STILL ALIVE (THEM, AND ME)

But other than that, very little to report. Peg tells me how much she misses me (when I get through, often the phone rings and rings) in a sad little voice which makes me feel bad,  and has no recollection of saying to me the other day "there's something strange going on here!" 

She's fine, basically.

Odd is the one not having a good time. He apparently is not allowed out of bed without a nurse or aide, and has one of those alarms attached to him like he did last October when he was in the nursing home and couldn't navigate unaided or without a "contact guard", which sounds a bit football-ish for money but in fact means someone walking behind you ready to catch you, which is ridiculous anyway because no way could I ever stop him from falling, or catch him, even Alex couldn't. Anyhow he's becoming shirty and irritable and frankly I don't blame him but Peg sounds like she's had enough of him. I'll have to speak to the nursing staff. Probably "house rules" which I can't do anything about but will try. At the moment if he's got to go to the bathroom he has to tell Peg who then pushes HER buzzer because he can never find his, then wait till someone ambles in half an hour later...well. We know the rsults of that scenario I think. I wager they'll learn to step on it.

Peg's comedy show, The Couple Next Door--4 episodes (out of 752) will be aired on Sirius FX radio RadioArchive channel this Sunday. A nice Mother's Day treat. Have had to tell her 12 times. Finally she's getting excited. Sort of. 

Bonnie and team have things under control so I am able to sit here contentedly scarfing Ben & Jerry's Blonde Brownie Core on my own since my husband and son have buggered off to London for the night (Alex's night off work, DK for work). I am trying to pretend I am enjoying myself. The day began with a mammogram, followed by dog walk in the pissing rain. (Listen to her, will you? Home hardly four days and already complaining).

No comments:

Post a Comment